New Episodes released on a schedule known as Super Slow Mo...

New Episodes released on a schedule known as Super Slow Mo...
Episodes displayed Newest to Oldest.
Click here to Enjoy SOL from the beginning. Just keep clicking NEWER POST at the bottom of each page.
Jay Blogs at The Thunder Echo Blog
And Sells Things at LarsenGeekery.com

Friday, May 11, 2012

Thank You for Coming Here Today

We now join the LarComCo Press Conference already in progress.

For the 23 people who actually used to read this web comic:
Thanks and Sorry for not posting anything in six months.
In my defense, I have been kinda busy (in my real life) and I have been designing and drawing things for LarsenGeekery.com (you can check that out if you want).
As for the fate of Super Ordinary Living: I learned a lot doing Volume 1.  I could try and finish off the story arc, but the thing got way more serious than I had intended and it turned out to be just a little to much like everything else out there (just another alternate dimension, save the multiverse, adventure).
Obviously, I got bored with it.  The complete lack of work for six months kind of proves that point.
Also I learned that doing conventional comics is something that really does take a team of three or four professionals with lots more time to spend than I had.  I kept comparing what I was doing in SOL with conventional comics and kept coming up short.  So I just kind of stopped.

So what now?
Honestly, I don't know.
My life doesn't allow the kind of long hours the old SOL would require to do well.
But I still like the idea of doing web comics.
So I need to find a method and a format that fits my life, my talent and my temperament better.
Shorter bursts.  More wacky weirdness.  Less worrying about plot.
If I can keep the big corporations out of it and just follow my instincts, who knows what will show up here as Super Ordinary Living.
I do know that Volume 1 has died.
Long Live Volume 2, what ever that may become.

Jay Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment